Saturday, January 14, 2012

I need your help! Please sign my petition for the Primary Ballot!

Hello!  My name is Matt Miles, a resident of Danielsville, PA and I am circulating petitions to be on the ballot on the Democratic Ticket for the 183rd District of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.  State regulations require that I have a minimum of 300 registered Democrats that live in the 183rd District sign for me to be on the ballot. I have a goal of at least 450 signatures, in case some are challenged.

Petitions can be circulated January 24th through Feb 14, 2012.  You must be registered a Democrat to sign as well.

In order for this to happen, I first want to give you all of the information you need to know if you are eligible to sign for me, the dates you can sign and what I stand for to make sure I am the candidate who best represents you and your views of how the Commonwealth should best be run.

If you are a resident of Northampton County, and vote at the following areas:

Allen Township:               All areas
Lehigh Township:            All areas
Moore Township:            Klecknersville, Point Phillips*, Beersville*
North Catasauqua:          All areas
Northampton Borough:    All areas
Walnutport Borough:       All areas


* denotes redistricting lines split your precincts.  I am researching to ensure your signature will count, but please sign regardless.  

If you are a resident of Lehigh County, and vote at the following areas:


North Whitehall Township:     2nd District*, 4th District*
Slatington Borough:                All Areas
South Whitehall Township:    1st District, 6th District, 8th District
Washington Township:           Eastern District,Western District, Southern District

* denotes redistricting lines split your precincts.  I am researching to ensure your signature will count, but please sign regardless.

Here is a high-level map taken from Pennsylvania's Redistricting site.  It is based on a Google Maps snapshot in January of 2012.  Please Review Google's Terms of use.  Clicking on the image will take you to a larger image of the map.  I have a link below to take you to the 183rd District maps available at the redistricting interactive map site.  This map is not official law as of Jan 14, 2012.


http://www.redistricting.state.pa.us/Maps/MapWindow.cfm?MapMode=FullScreen&Chamber=H&DefaultDistrictID=183&DefaultOverlayType=District&DefaultBoundaries=2011-Final

Please e-mail me if you are interested in signing the petition, and I will be sure to get to you to sign at your convenience.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment